As you are all most likely aware, the Coronavirus (COVID-19) has become more widespread, so we would like to inform all of our colleagues and freelancers of the necessary precautions to take whilst out and about.
- cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- put used tissues in the bin immediately
- wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
The symptoms of coronavirus are:
- a cough
- a high temperature
- shortness of breath
But these symptoms do not necessarily mean you have the illness.
The symptoms are similar to other illnesses that are much more common, such as cold and flu. If you do think you may have the virus, you’ve recently been to a country or area with a high risk of coronavirus (see the advice for travellers on the Government’s Foreign Travel Advice page below) or you’ve been in close contact with someone with coronavirus please contact the NHS 111 Coronavirus service.
There are some countries and areas where there’s a higher chance of coming into contact with someone with coronavirus. Please check the Government’s Foreign travel advice for up to date information on travel to all countries effected for full details:
We will continue to monitor updates from the UK Government website as well as follow advice from all of our NHS clients, but if you are unsure on how this may affect you then please don’t hesitate to contact us.